For AFA Colleague Mikele Comito being healthy isn’t about a diet here and there. “It’s a way of living,” she says.
Mikele strives to always lead a healthy lifestyle through her eating and exercise habits. She focuses on low carbs, high protein, lots of veggies and exercising five days a week.
Living healthy has been made easier with the help of resources at AFA. She exercises in The Core and uses the outside walking trail. She is in the office three days a week and attends boot camp, Zumba and 10-10-10 classes. On her telecommuting days, Mikele works out to a Pilates or P90X video.
“Jessica in The Core is always helpful and motivating. She does great to accommodate people’s specific needs.”
Mikele stays accountable with the help of the trainers in The Core and her fellow Colleagues. Her team started a weight loss challenge and if someone gains or stays the same weight, they have to put a dollar in the pot. The first person to lose 15 pounds wins the pot.
She also visits Saints On Site regularly to keep track of her vitamin levels.
Right now, Mikele is motivated by her upcoming wedding.
“Overall though, just losing over 115 pounds and never wanting to look and feel like I used to be is motivation enough!”
When asked if she has any words of encouragement for others looking to get healthy, Mikele says she won’t lie and say it’s easy, because it’s not. She takes it day by day and doesn’t let a minor slip up get her discouraged.
“Don’t deprive yourself. Just do everything in moderation. It’s a mindset and you have to make up your mind to live healthy.”
- May 21, 2015AFA Colleague Living Smart(0) Comments
- May 20, 2015What Font Should I Use on My Resume?(0) Comments
- May 19, 2015Hot Jobs in Training and IT (0) Comments
- May 18, 2015Supporting the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma(0) Comments
- May 15, 2015Spread the Word About AFA, Win a Summer Prize Package(0) Comments
- May 14, 2015Ask a Recruiter: Top 8 Interview Questions(0) Comments
- May 13, 2015Piedmont Teacher Earns AFA-KMGL Honor(0) Comments
- May 12, 2015Hot Jobs in Benefits and IT (0) Comments
- May 11, 2015What’s Happening at AFA | Technology Updates(0) Comments
- May 8, 2015Day in the Life – Online Enrollment (0) Comments