In November, our thoughts naturally turn to giving thanks for the wonderful things going on in our lives.
Sometimes, those things are a result of help we received from a non-profit organization, and we want to thank them in return. American Fidelity gives Colleagues an opportunity to do that through our charity day program.
Each fall, Colleagues are invited to nominate their favorite charities to receive proceeds from monthly days designated for charity. Colleagues pay $2 each to wear a T-shirt on the designated day, and all the funds collected are donated to that month’s featured charity.
Colleagues support a wide variety of charities, and it shows during the annual charity lottery. Nearly 50 organizations were nominated for the 2015 charity day schedule. They then were selected randomly to be featured as the charity of the month. Two dates are set automatically – in January, we’ll support the Colleague Relief Fund, which provides financial assistance for Colleagues experiencing hardships; and in June we host our annual school supply drive for our partner school, Buchanan Elementary.
Here are the groups that will receive funds from American Fidelity Colleagues in 2015.
|Jan. 30||Colleague Relief Fund|
|Feb. 27||The Children’s Center Rehabilitation Center|
|March 27||CASA of Oklahoma County|
|April 24||Ally’s House|
|May 29||No Boundaries International|
|June 26||Buchanan School Supply Drive|
|July 31||Angels Foster Care Oklahoma|
|Aug. 28||Friends of the Shelter Foundation|
- November 24, 20142015 Charity Day Schedule Set(0) Comments
- November 20, 2014AFA Challenges Colleagues to Stay Healthy through the Holidays(0) Comments
- November 19, 2014Telecommuting: A Win-Win for AFA (0) Comments
- November 18, 2014Hot Jobs in Administrative and Compliance (0) Comments
- November 17, 2014What’s Happening at AFA I Thunder Prize Package Winners(0) Comments
- November 13, 2014Ask a Recruiter I Resume Tips(0) Comments
- November 12, 2014Staying Connected(0) Comments
- November 11, 2014Hot Jobs in IT and Graphic Design (0) Comments
- November 10, 2014What’s Happening at AFA I Weekly Round-Up(0) Comments
- November 6, 2014Day in the Life – Compliance(0) Comments