If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know we strive to help our Colleagues get and stay healthy with our on-site gym, on-site grill, wellness incentives and more. Since our Colleagues work hard to improve their health, we wanted to reward the Colleague who best exemplified living a healthy lifestyle.
The 2014 Live Smart Achievement Award went to Gracie Acosta, a Customer service representative, for her dedication to working out, eating right and inspiring others. Gracie worked with our personal trainers to create an exercise routine involving running, strength training and attending the on-site Core Fit class. They also developed a nutritional plan, explaining how weight loss is 30 percent working out and 70 percent eating right.
“Jessica and Tyler are so much more than just trainers,” said Gracie. “They have helped me with my life, mentally and physically. I now have the energy to play with my kids and to crawl up the slide tube when they get stuck and need rescuing. The added activity makes them exhausted by bedtime – yay!”
Her dedication led to losing 35 pounds while gaining muscle and burning body fat. Plus, she hasn’t had to use a sick day all year!
Her success inspired her mother to eat better too, leading to improvement in her health and well-being. Gracie also got her co-workers involved by hosting a weight loss challenge and drafting some of them to be her workout buddies.
“My job and teammates kept me going through hard times and I looked forward to coming to work because it gave me a sense of purpose,” said Gracie. “My co-workers are truly mi familia. They helped build me into the person I am today. AFA gave me the resources I needed to create a full, healthy lifestyle. Thank you!”
Want to join a company that cares about you and helps you live a healthy life? Apply now for one of our open positions!
- August 20, 2014AFA Helps Colleagues Live Smart(0) Comments
- August 19, 2014Hot Jobs in Accounting and IT(0) Comments
- August 18, 2014What’s Happening at AFA I Getting Ready for Great State Fair of OK!(0) Comments
- August 14, 2014Ask a Recruiter I Basic Resume Tips(0) Comments
- August 13, 2014Celebrating Family Additions(0) Comments
- August 12, 2014Hot Jobs in IT(0) Comments
- August 11, 2014AFA Colleagues Go Back to School, Too(0) Comments
- August 7, 2014Day in the Life – Field Training Specialist (0) Comments
- August 6, 2014Seven Reasons Why You Should Intern at AFA(0) Comments
- August 5, 2014Hot Jobs in Marketing and IT(0) Comments