No matter the time or reason, searching for a new job can be an overwhelming scenario. With so many factors to consider and the stakes being so high, it’s no wonder many people find themselves wondering where to begin. Luckily, our recruiters have shared with us some very basic tips to help you get started on your job search!
- Network through organizations that you may be affiliated with to provide job search leads. You should also expand your network to include schools/universities, friends, family and others.
- Do some maintenance on your social media profiles so they are representative of a professional job search. Having an up-to-date, complete LinkedIn profile is also always recommended.
- Review the top companies in your area as potential leads.
- Make sure your resume is quick, concise, targeted and eye-catching to capture the attention of recruiters via digital technology.
- Is your background and training highly specialized? Connecting with a third party search firm is a good option for those looking for work in a niche sector.
Looking for more advice on how to land the job of your dreams? Make sure to check out these other Inside AF posts!
- Resolve to Find a Better Job in 2016
- What to do 15 Minutes Before an Interview
- Optimize Your Job Search
- Expectations of a Recruiter
Still have questions? Submit them here and our recruiters will help provide an answer to your job searching conundrums!