- One in six seniors in Oklahoma struggles with hunger.
- One in four children struggles with hunger.
- Every dollar donated provides five meals.
- 32% of hungry Oklahomans aren't eligible for nutrition assistance programs and rely on Food Bank outreach alone.
- More than 650,000 Oklahomans are classified as “food insecure.”
- The Backpack Program currently serves 18,527 children in 501 elementary schools across 53 central and western Oklahoma counties. The packs are given to schoolchildren each Friday so they have access to food over the weekend.
May 18, 2015 05:23 AM
One of the favorite charities among our Colleagues is the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. We support a food drive each year, and a volunteer day to serve the organization. This year was no different. A food drive wrapped up last week where Colleagues brought food and monetary donations. Here are a few startling statistics from the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.