- Real experience. AFA interns perform many of the same job functions regular Colleagues do. You’ll gain valuable experience to help you start your career. Depending on your area, you may help Customers, pay claims, develop marketing materials, code software or assist with actuarial projects. See what our previous interns learned during their internships.
- Fun. While you’ll work hard in your internship here, you’ll also have fun. Roxy’s Ice Cream Social or other food trucks may be on site. We have regular events to celebrate how our Colleagues serve our Customers. Coming up this fall we have a family and charity event in September, Customer Service Week and Halloween in October and our Company birthday party in December!
- Stability. Since 1982, American Fidelity has received a superior A+ ranking from an independent insurance rating company for our financial stability. Plus, we’re one of the top 50 life and health insurance companies in the U.S. That makes us a great place to start your career!
- Giving back. It’s important to us to be a good corporate citizen. We have monthly charity days to support Colleague-nominated groups, annual campaigns for Allied Arts and United Way, a food drive for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, a volunteer time-off policy, a sponsorship of the Thunder Rolling Book Bus and a partnership with a local elementary school, which we support through donations and tutoring.
- Helping others. We’re a Customer-focused organization. Our Customers come to us for help, often during challenging times in their lives when they’re facing cancer, disability or other health issues. Our products and services help them get through the tough times.
- Stay in OKC. You don’t have to go to Dallas for the summer to intern at a national headquarters. We’re based in Oklahoma City and serve Customers in 49 states. OKC is on the upswing and you don’t want to miss what’s in store for our hometown!
- Work yourself into a full-time job. Many of our interns earn themselves a full-time job through their internship. See what someone who recently did just that has to say about why you should apply here.
August 6, 2014 02:45 AM
It’s every college student’s dream to work at an insurance company, right? No? Well, there are actually a lot of great things about working at one – or at least working for American Fidelity Assurance (AFA). Check out these reasons to apply for one of our internships!