Like many across Oklahoma, the nation and the world, our hearts go out to those impacted by the recent tornados. At least 20 of our own Colleagues were directly affected and numerous others had family and friends who have lost their homes, property and loved ones. We know the storms also impacted our Customers and their loved ones, along with the greater community around our corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City.
We grieve with our community, but we also join with them in hope and recovery. Here are a few of the ways American Fidelity is assisting with relief efforts:
- Both our Foundation and the Company have made generous donations to the Red Cross
- Offering time off for affected Colleagues so they do not have to use their paid personal time
- Giving all Colleagues paid time off to volunteer with relief efforts
- Waiving our donation match maximum for donations made by Colleagues to the Red Cross
- Encouraging and matching Colleague donations to organizations such as the Salvation Army, Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, Goodwill and Infant Crisis Services
American Fidelity is proud to be based in Oklahoma and to be part of this dedicated, hard-working, caring community. Thank you to all of the first responders, police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, civic leaders and volunteers who rushed to help. Most of our Customers work in these professions, and we thank you for all that you do day in and day out.