- Think of a few ideal companies you’d like to work for. Make a point to seek out all of their social media outlets and follow them.
- LinkedIn is an especially useful tool, as it gives employers like AFA, an opportunity to connect directly with potential candidates whose online resume fits an open position. This process is called “passive” recruiting because the potential candidate may not be “actively” seeking new employment. Keep your profile up to date, and check in for news frequently.
- Keep your online presence professional. You never know who’s watching you online, so it’s best to keep anything you wouldn’t want potential employers to see private.
- Social media is an ideal venue for networking and communicating with professional contacts who can potentially lend a hand in your job search. Reach out and seek advice from those you admire professionally.
- A company’s social media presence can give you a window into their corporate culture, values and mission before you even step in the door for your first interview. This information may guide your decision-making process during the job hunt.
January 28, 2015 03:00 AM
American Fidelity and other companies are turning to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to assist in their recruiting and hiring efforts. As a job seeker, these sites can wire you directly into an ongoing stream of recruiting news and information, giving you a competitive edge in applying for the perfect job. Here are just a few tips on how you can use social media in your job hunt.