- Colleagues can answer a trivia question each day to test their knowledge of heart disease and ways to prevent it. Participants will be entered to win healthy prizes.
- Throughout the week, Go Red ambassadors will roam the halls at our Home Office. Colleagues who are caught red-handed completing a heart-healthy activity will receive a sticker and an entry slip for the prize drawing.
- We will have paper hearts for Colleagues to sign and post in honor of someone who has battled or is struggling with heart disease.
- Our on-site grill will serve a heart-healthy meal on Friday.
- Wear red! You don’t have to be a Colleague to join this activity. Be sure to Go Red for Women on Friday and wear your best red dress, shirt or tie to raise awareness for the cause.
February 2, 2015 02:02 AM
This week at AFA we’re celebrating Go Red for Women day by educating and encouraging Colleagues to make heart-healthy choices. Friday is the official day sponsored by the American Heart Association to increase awareness of cardiovascular disease and stroke, but we have so many activities planned we expanded to a whole week. Why do we care about Go Red for Women? Heart disease is the top cause of death in women. More than two-thirds of our Colleagues are women and since in many cases heart disease is preventable, we’re working hard to raise awareness and help our Colleagues get and stay healthy. Here are the activities we have lined up.