- Research the company & industry before applying – A little research will not only guide your career decision making, it will make you a more efficient employee when the time comes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – Remember, an internship is a learning experience, make sure to take advantage of it.
- Be professional and show up on time- This is your time to make an impression so put your best foot forward.
- Keep deadlines and complete tasks on time – As an intern, you are a counted-upon member of the team. Your fellow Colleagues depend on you in many ways.
- Continue educating yourself – Just because you complete school or a successful internship doesn’t mean you’re finished learning! Stay educated by following industry publications, websites and talking to your peers.
March 12, 2015 03:30 AM
Many soon-to-be college graduates often find themselves in the difficult position of getting their start in the real world professionally. Getting a foot in the door can be a daunting task, especially when many students still find themselves grappling with the age-old question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Internships are often the most practical solution to these difficult scenarios as they fully immerse you into the day-to-day happenings of a professional business, and in some cases, can lead to a full-time position. Knowing what a great option internships can be, we asked our recruiters what advice they would give new interns. Here’s what they came up with: