American Fidelity Wins Health at Work Award
Our healthy initiatives are paying off! American Fidelity won a Silver award from the ninth-annual Health at WorkSM Awards sponsored by ComPsych®. Winners were selected based on their wellness program’s comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates and results achieved.
“Living a healthier lifestyle is something we all know we need to do, but we often have a hard time actually doing it,” said Dave Carpenter, president and chief operating officer of American Fidelity. “We’ve worked hard to make it easier for our Colleagues to make healthy decisions. I’ve also tried to set a good example by telling Colleagues about my own efforts to work out regularly and cut back on my bad habit of eating a candy bar each night. I’ve seen results in my own life and have challenged others to make similar changes.”
Here are some of the ways AFA helps Colleagues achieve better health:
• Free whole fruits in all break rooms and the on-site grill
• Low-cost healthy options in the on-site grill such as salad, grilled chicken and salmon, yogurt, oatmeal, vegetable stir-fry and sliced fruit
• Wellness incentives worth up to $1,000
• Fitness center with a variety of cardio and weight equipment, along with fitness classes
• Two on-site personal trainers
• On-site medical clinic
• On-site mammograms several times a year
• On-site massages three days per week
What wellness programs does your company provide? What programs would you like to see more companies offering?